CATS has an outstanding safety record, thanks to the commitment and dedication of the team of people who work at the terminal and other sites linked to the business.
In 2017, the CATS terminal marked a significant and notable safety milestone by achieving a total of 14 years without a Lost Time Incident.
The terminal is ISO 14001 accredited and has also been presented with several prestigious awards including:
- British Safety Council 5 Star Awards for Health, Safety and Environmental performance
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) gold awards
- British Safety Council Swords of Honour for safety excellence
- Tees Valley Business Awards - Environmental Award winner
- ICHemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) Environmental Award commendation